Monday, April 29, 2013

NOT TODAY, BUT SOMEDAY!


Manic Monday Indie/Self-Published Author Feature 
Week #1

In December of 1994, when she was a junior in high school, Emi Hennigan discovered her father's infidelity. Forced to transfer schools mid-year, she wasn't trying to make new friends. In that same month, sophomore Nate Wilson's girlfriend broke up with him. Searching for someone to fill the void left by his first love, he meets Emi in his art class. Nate knows he wants Emi from the moment he sees her. Emi knows she needs Nate after one night together. A life-long friendship is born, and a pact is made to ensure that nothing will come between them. This novella is the prequel to the Emi Lost & Found series.

Author: Lori L. Otto
Title: Not Today, But Someday
Genre: Young Adult >Romance
Publication Date: September 2012
Links to Purchase: AmazonB&N
Reviewer: Megan

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars I Absolutely Loved It!! 

Not Today, But Someday... is NOT what you should be saying if you haven't read Not Today, But Someday!!

As the true YA book whore I am, I must say I am IN LOVE with Emi and Nate!! I read this book in one sitting... started it in the morning over coffee and finished it before closing my eyes last night... and I worked 9 hours in between there as well..  it was a fast, engaging, enthralling read. I loved the relationship between Nate and Emi, I loved them individually, I loved their banter and their quirkiness. 

I loath spoilers so I don't want to say too much about the story in general, because it's one where you can easily spoil the fun without trying. SO what I will say is the issues within the story are real, with real consequences that so many families today face. Divorce and infidelity are on the rise and it's often the children who pay the highest price... this is a lesson Emi knows all too well. I think Lori created special characters and an engaging plot. Her gift of storytelling is exceptional and left me turning page after page without realizing I had nearly reached the end within hours...  I went to bed last night elated that there were 3 more books in this series, this being the prequel... which meant, I had just begun getting to know Nate and Emi. This morning, my coffee hadn't even finished brewing and I was already buying the series....

I can hardly wait to dive in and read the next 3 books... I have seen tidbits from the descriptions of each of the books in the series and was excited when I realized this story follows Emi into her adult life.... Eek, cue the giddy, squeaky adolescent in me! 

I highly highly recommend Not Today, But Someday by Lori L. Otto - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment